Livestock - Responsible Behaviour
Livestock & Equipment Responsible Behaviour
- Drive slowly around herds. Moving herds is best done by driving slow and steady.
- Report any injured or sick animal to the owner. When you see an injured or sick animal, try to get an ear tag number and/or brand and an accurate location.
- Do not shoot near livestock. This can make them panic, which will cause them to run or even stampede.
- It is an offense under the Motor Vehicle Act to fail to stop when signalled to do so by a mounted horseman
- Report it to the owner, including the animal’s location.
- It is your responsibility to compensate the owner for it, regardless of the circumstances.